Indulged yourself in a long sunbathing? Got painful sunburn? Then suffer no more. Here are some simple home remedies for sunburn:
- You can take full advantage of the soothing effect of lemon juice when applied on your damaged skin. Squeeze a few medium sized lemons and mix the juice with a few tablespoons of water. Use a washcloth or a towel to apply the solution on your skin. The citric acid from the fruit will boost the healing process thereby reducing the pain.
- Cucumbers are perfect to treat sunburn. Apply a few slices of fresh cucumber on the delicate spots and leave the treatment on for at least 10 minutes. You’ll notice the cooling effect of this remedy and the skin will have the proper vitamin load to recover quickly.
- Apply yogurt on your damaged skin to make sure you prevent the formation of any skin problems. Leave the treatment on for at least 15 minutes. Then you can rinse off the yogurt with cool or tepid water. Enjoy the soothing effect it has on your skin.
- Lavender oil is the best medicine to treat harsh sunburn. All you have to do is fill a medium sized bowl with water and add 20 drops of lavender oil. Use a towel or a washcloth to apply the lotion on to your skin. Leave the treatment on for at least 20 minutes. After that you can rinse it off with tepid or cool water.
Honey and Lime
- This magical mixture of natural ingredients will spare you from the huge pain caused by sunburn. In order to prepare this solution all you have to do is mix 2 tbs of the fresh lime juice with 4 tbs of honey. This portion will be perfect for larger skin proportions too. Apply the mixture on the affected areas and leave on the wrap for 20 minutes. Then you can rinse it off with cold water.