Tips for Health

Treatment for Sexual Dysfunction in Women

By on April 15, 2012 in Prevention with 0 Comments

What I can do if I have sexual dysfunctions?

If desire is the problem, try changing your routine. Try having sex at different times of day or try a different sexual position.

Often, arousal disorders can be treated if you use a vaginal cream or a sexual lubricant for dryness. If you have gone through menopause, talk to your doctor about taking estrogen or estrogen cream use.

If you have trouble having an orgasm, you may not be getting enough foreplay or other stimulation before the start of intercourse itself. Extra stimulation (before having sex with your partner) with a vibrator can be useful. You may need rubbing or stimulation even for an hour before sex. Many women do not orgasm during sex. If you want to have an orgasm during intercourse, it is recommended that you or your partner gently stimulate the clitoris. Masturbation may also be useful because it can help you learn the techniques that will work best.

If you have pain during sex, try different positions. When your partner is over, you have more control over penetration and movement. Empty your bladder before having sex, using extra lubrication or taking a warm bath before intercourse may help. If you still feel pain during sex, talk to your doctor. This can help you find the cause of your pain and decide which treatment is best for you.

Can medicines help?

If you have gone through menopause or had your uterus and/or ovaries, taking the hormone estrogen may help treat sexual problems. If you are not taking estrogen, ask your doctor if this is an option for you.

You may have heard that taking sildenafil (Viagra) or the male hormone testosterone can help women with sexual problems. There have been many studies on the effects of Viagra or testosterone in women, so doctors do not know if they can help or not. Both Viagra and testosterone can have serious side effects, therefore, unlikely to use justifies the risk.

What else I can do?

Learn more about your body and how it works. Ask your doctor about how medicines, illnesses, surgeries, age, pregnancy or menopause can affect sex.

Practice exercises “sensory approach” in which a member of the couple makes massage, while the other says what things he likes and requests changes (example: “lighter”, “faster”, etc..). Fantasy can increase your desire. Tighten the muscles of the vagina (called Kegel exercises) and then relax can also increase your arousal. Try sexual activity other than intercourse, such as massage, oral sex or masturbation.

What about my partner?

Talk to your partner about things likeRemember that your partner may not want to do some things you want to test, and you may not want to try what your partner wants. You must respect the things that make them comfortable and uncomfortable to everyone. This helps you and your partner have a sexual relationship. If you feel you can not talk to your partner, it is possible that your doctor or counselor can help.

If you feel your partner is abusing you, tell your doctor.

How can my doctor help?

Your doctor can suggest ways to treat their sexual problems or can refer you to a therapist or a sex counselor, if necessary.

Tags: , ,


If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *